Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Family Reunion 2012

I've ignored my poor little blog and hobby for awhile and boy have I got to get busy this month, lots of projects to work on: charms, Magnolia, diecuts, calling cards....got to get creative!!

At least I managed to get a couple of things done.  We had a wonderful family reunion in Mexico Beach, FL.  It's mostly my mom and dad's decendants and a few cousins whom we think of as brothers and sisters. We've had a recent baby boom and it was a real treat to see the little ones playing in the water and games together.  Now the Rook tournament didn't turn out well....my cousin and I lost out to my brother and sister, so I'll probably never live that one down!!

We just started having a raffle to help with the cost of supplies.  I think I won one of the best. My sister, made a basket of goodies from Georgia and a pillow with "granny squares" my mom had done -- what a treasure.  She had to go and spoil it though by putting a darn UGA wine stopper in, like I'm going to put that dog's ugly mug in my "Horse Creek Wine" that was in the basket. (We grew up in a little hollow in Kentucky called Horse Creek and she found a Horse Creek Winery in Ga.  What a coincidence!!

I had a really bad sinus infection for a few weeks prior so sluffed off on some of the items I wanted to make but did get these done:

                                                        
Wine list made using a metal plaque from Hobby Lobby, dark brown vinyl, and Cricut Word Collage cartridge. 

                      

Bird Flourish Tile

I used a 12" x 12" tile, black vinyl and a program that cuts TTFs and SVGs, SCAL.  I use it VERY rarely as it is no longer being updated to work with my Cricut.  My cricut is out of warranty going in a different direction isn't worth the hassle nor expense. 


Thanks for dropping by!
Bug hugs til next time!
Gayle



No comments:

Post a Comment