Thursday, August 23, 2012

August Magnolia Swap

Wow, another month almost come and gone.  I can't believe school's starting and summer's almost gone.  We had a great swap over on the Cricut mb this month; we were to make an initial for our swap sister.  My partner Traci preferred the letter "C" for her living room and the colors are browns, greens, and rustic red.  I couldn't find the thicker type mdf letter but found one about 8" high and thought it might do. 

I used some Anna Griffith paper I've been hoarding for awhile but it had the colors I needed.  Used my Primacolor pens instead of Sprectrum Noir just because I had them out already. LOL  The doily and flourishes are Cheery Lynn Designs, cut in Recollections bronze paper.  I edged the letter with Adirondack gold and copper inks but the picture doesn't show the detail.  After looking at it a couple of days, looked a little plain so I added several crystal flourishes and blinged it up!!  Much prettier IRL. 

Hope Traci likes it, it was fun to do!!

 

 
 


 
 
Buggy hugs til next time!

 Gayle

2 comments:

  1. Gayle, that turned out beautiful and Traci is gonna love it! The paper you used is gorgeous...did you hoard plenty of it? Great job coloring the Tilda too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..this is beautiful BluegrassBug....she will ♥ it.

    Love your blog...

    hugs
    rhonda

    ReplyDelete