Thursday, May 31, 2012

Magnolia Cigar Box Swap

We just finished up the Magnolia Cigar Box Swap.  Dalia took over as hostess this round as Jessica had a few personal things taking up her time.  We all understand when that happens, don't we!!???  Our "task" was to use a cigar box or similar box and design it around a Magnolia image; at least I just used one.  Some of the ladies did 2 or 3, overachievers, what can I say. 

I got a cigar box from Liquor Barn.  My partner, Joysee, liked pink and brown as one of her fav color combinations.  Used my DCWV papers, TH chipboard swirl, Graphic45 metal embellishments and TH inks, modpodge, files, sandpaper, and distressed the heck out of it.  The box started out something like this: 


I spray painted it several coats of dark brown, sanded, cut paper to fit the outside and inside, took out a lot of stress (guess that's why they call it distressing, huh?) sanding (some more), filing, and inking. 





The box was then coated with several layers of modpodge and sanded a bit more.  I cut a fan and embossed with a Cuttlebug folder for the corner, added a doily (both inked with TH distress ink). 



I painted a TH chipboard swirl, inked, and used some gold rub n buff on it; used Magnolia Tilda with Rose, G45 metal flowers, TH knob, MM embellie, and a little handmade lace flower.  Finished it with some goodies that were on her wish list.  Hope Joyce enjoys her box.  It sure was a lot of fun making this and I learned a lot of what not to do's next time....



(I actually added another embellie in the upper right hand corner, but didn't get a final pic.) 


Thx for popping in,
til next time,
Gayle





No comments:

Post a Comment